I have made an agreement with myself, no longer will I eat meat starting tomorrow until Easter Sunday of the current year. As part of my personal sacrifice for the season of lent. This recipe has been on my dashboard for quite some time but I have been very busy with a lot of stuff but today I am very fortunate to have found some time to post this recipe.
I went to Baguio last month for the Flower Festival and one thing I always enjoy when I’m in Baguio is their spacious market that offers sundry items from fresh food, fruits and vegetables to household tools and whatnot. Some of the food items I have bought are fresh button and oyster mushrooms, organic spinach, and garlic chives that will star in today’s recipe by Loco Foodie – Sauteed Spinach and Oyster Mushroom.
Recipe: Sauteed Oyster Mushroom and Spinach
- fresh oyster
- fresh spinach
- garlic chives
- white onion
- olive oil
- oyster sauce (this will server as your salt)
- freshly ground black pepper
- saute garlic and white onion in olive oil.
- add oyster mushroom, stir and simmer for 3 minutes.
- add spinach, stir add oyster sauce and freshly ground pepper, simmer for 30 seconds ( make sure that your don’t overcook the vegetables) add garlic chives, stir serve hot over a bowl of rice.
Cooking time (duration): 20 mins
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet (other): Low calorie
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch